NetGain Partners is a team of experienced management specialists committed to helping not-for-profit and public sector organizations reach their goals. Based in Toronto, our teams have provided creative solutions for cultural, aboriginal and conservation groups, as well as municipal and provincial departments and agencies. We are a boutique consulting firm that supports our clients with highly specialized expertise in arts management and strategy.
These discoveries pose a dilemma for both the client and the consultant. For the client, some very unsettling questions might arise about the fundamentals of their business. For the consultant, it can mean disruption of a tidy project work plan, or worse, it could strain the client relationship.
For NetGain, there is no dilemma; share the results of our objectivity and diligence because that’s ultimately what’s best for the client. Our budgets and schedules may suffer as a result, and our clients might feel challenged in unexpected ways, but there is really no alternative. It’s a matter of respect for our clients and for ourselves.
Naturally it’s preferable not to contradict a client’s notions about themselves or their projects. Some firms avoid it at all costs, preferring to deal in hypothetical scenarios rather than hard truths. This approach is good for winning contracts but it relies too heavily on what the client already believes. For this reason, it imparts little value, wastes resources, and leads to bad decisions.
NetGain uses the approach that works. Most of our business comes by referral, and we have many repeat clients. By consistently seeking and sharing real answers with our clients, we get to work with really interesting and open-minded people in a relationship of respect and trust.
Doug Simpson, BA, MFA
Senior Managing Director
Clients have entrusted their businesses and organizations to Doug, for over 27 years. He's been at the table to usher through complex mergers, IPOs, business strategies, corporate restructuring and to raise capital for a diverse roster of clients.
Suzanne Wilcox has experience working in non-profit and corporate settings. She’s been around NetGain since 1997 and enjoys the fresh approach that the firm takes with each and every client.read more
HB.Sc, MBA, LL.B., LL.M. TEP
As a Legal Advisor, Alternative Dispute Resolution Mediator and Arbitrator, Mr. Yen provides a valuable service to our clients who may need a lower-cost, confidential way of solving disputes.
Netgain's longest-serving team member slyly made himself indispensable while over time narrowing his career focus on the financial management of the firm and its clients.
A spectral figure in the life of the firm, Robin intrudes on and recedes from NetGain when need for his intelligence and perspective can no longer be ignored. His contributions are both enriching and fascinating.
- Martin Blake - Producer, Toronto Police Services Corporate Communications Unit
- Hishani de Silva, artist, Toronto
- Julia Dow - Manager, Client Acquistion and Engagement at TD Direct Investing, Toronto
- Rider Dyce – Senior Corporate Partnerships Manager, Roundhouse Trust, London, UK
- Vanessa Higgs - City of Toronto Cultural Outreach Officer
- Emelia Horn, Regional Manager, Citizenship & Social Impact, RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) Foundation, Toronto
- Tamar Huberman - Account Director and Consultant, Arts & Communications, New York
- Selene Hur - Manager, Prospect Development & Research, YMCA of Greater Toronto
- Aimee Ippersiel, Director of Strategy & Communications, The Walrus, Toronto
- Matt Learoyd, Support Specialist, FreshBooks, Toront0
- Tim Leary (NetGain Founder) - Independent Arts Management Consultant, Halifax
- Darryl Moyers - Moyers & Stark Consulting, Toronto
- Graeme Page (NetGain Founder) - Principal, Engaging Philanthropy, Toronto
- Emily Parker, Grants & Sponsorship Officer, The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery, Toronto
- Clark Reed - Independent Human Resources Consultant, Toronto
- Rod Smith (NetGain Founder) – Independent Consultant, Resource Development and Change Management, Ladysmith, BC
- David Trahair (CPA, CA) - Bestselling personal finance author, trainer and e-Learning content developer, Toronto
- Geoff Stratton - Lawyer, MacDonald Thomas Law Office, Invermere, BC
Firms We Like
- Arts and Communications
- Cream Advertising
- David Trahair
- Philip Goldsmith Architect
- Imperial Cotton Centre for the Arts
- Jenny Ginder - Arts Consultant
- KPMB Architects
- Akin Collective
- Julie Dossett, Spirit Communications
- Aimee Ippersiel