NetGain Partners is a team of experienced management specialists committed to helping not-for-profit and public sector organizations reach their goals. Based in Toronto, our teams have provided creative solutions for cultural, aboriginal and conservation groups, as well as municipal and provincial departments and agencies. We are a boutique consulting firm that supports our clients with highly specialized expertise in arts management and strategy.
These discoveries pose a dilemma for both the client and the consultant. For the client, some very unsettling questions might arise about the fundamentals of their business. For the consultant, it can mean disruption of a tidy project work plan, or worse, it could strain the client relationship.
For NetGain, there is no dilemma; share the results of our objectivity and diligence because that’s ultimately what’s best for the client. Our budgets and schedules may suffer as a result, and our clients might feel challenged in unexpected ways, but there is really no alternative. It’s a matter of respect for our clients and for ourselves.
Naturally it’s preferable not to contradict a client’s notions about themselves or their projects. Some firms avoid it at all costs, preferring to deal in hypothetical scenarios rather than hard truths. This approach is good for winning contracts but it relies too heavily on what the client already believes. For this reason, it imparts little value, wastes resources, and leads to bad decisions.
NetGain uses the approach that works. Most of our business comes by referral, and we have many repeat clients. By consistently seeking and sharing real answers with our clients, we get to work with really interesting and open-minded people in a relationship of respect and trust.
Doug Simpson, BA, MFA
Senior Managing Director
Clients have entrusted their businesses and organizations to Doug, for over 27 years. He's been at the table to usher through complex mergers, IPOs, business strategies, corporate restructuring and to raise capital for a diverse roster of clients.
BBA, B.Ed, M.Ed
Genevieve can be seen carrying her 1-ton furry handbag to client meetings, wherein lives several notebooks, lunch and a brick-weight MacBookPro. Her job is to check everything Doug does and add an Education Specialist perspective.
Suzanne Wilcox has experience working in both the non-profit and corporate settings. She’s been around NetGain since 1997 and enjoys the fresh approach that the firm takes with each and every client.
HB.Sc, MBA, LL.B., LL.M. TEP
As a Legal Advisor, Alternative Dispute Resolution Mediator and Arbitrator, Mr. Yen provides a valuable service to our clients who may need a lower-cost, confidential way of solving disputes.
Emily is NetGain’s latest acquisition, and she is tasked with keeping all things organized and up-to date. With a long academic history, Emily could not avoid picking up a number of useful skills which contribute to NetGain operations.
More commonly known as "Swales", Netgain's longest-serving team member slyly made himself indispensable while over time narrowing his career focus on the financial management of the firm and its clients.
A spectral figure in the life of the firm, Robin intrudes on and recedes from NetGain when need for his intelligence and perspective can no longer be ignored. His contributions are both enriching and fascinating.
- Martin Blake - Video Surveillance and Production Officer, Toronto Police
- Julia Dow - Consultant, Essex Lake Group LLC, Shanghai and New York
- Rider Dice - Independent Sponsorship Development Consultant, Toronto
- Vanessa Higgs - Program Development Officer, Cultural Services, City of Toronto
- Tamar Huberman - Account Director and Consultant, Arts and Communications, New York
- Selena Hur - Manager, YMCA of Greater Toronto
- Tim Leary (Founder) - Independent Arts Management Consultant, Halifax
- Graeme Page - Fundraising Consultant
- Clark Reed - Independent Human Resources Consultant, Toronto
- Geoff Stratton - Lawyer, MacDonald Thomas Law Office, Invermere, BC
- David Trahair - Bestselling Author and Principal at a Toronto Accounting Firm
- Darryl Moyers, Moyers & Stark Consulting
Firms We Like
- Arts and Communications
- Cream Advertising
- David Trahair
- Philip Goldsmith Architect
- Imperial Cotton Centre for the Arts
- Jenny Ginder - Arts Consultant
- KPMB Architects
- Akin Collective
- Julie Dossett, Spirit Communications
- Aimee Ippersiel